definitely, Whatsapp is now one of the android’s icons. Its popularity is becoming world wide and many users are now enjoying the application. One of the signs that makes Whatsapp an international icon, is its user population of half a billion. This means that this popular messenger has provided enough features to users so that users are highly satisfied. By these great features, we mean Whatsapp location sharing, respond to the group members privately, stricted group messaging and so on. These are some obvious features that the app offers, but there are some, which are categorized as something called hidden features. These hidden features, can not be found too easily, unless you get a full guide to get the idea of how you can use hidden features. As one of the great secret features, recovering Whatsapp deleted messages can be very useful.
Whatsapp offers users the ability to access their Whatsapp deleted messages. This can be categorized as fantastic, because you will be able to see your deleted messages that you have sent to someone. To know how you can do this, we suggest you to see the complete walkthrough in below section.
How to access Whatsapp deleted messages
There can be many reasons behind the matter of accessing Whatsapp deleted messages. For whatever the reason is, this secret feature seems pretty useful for just anybody. Just follow the steps below, to access your Whatsapp deleted messages.
Here is what you need to do:
- Head to Whatsapp data base folder in this direction: SD Card > Whatsapp > Databases
- Within the database folder, you will see something like msgstore-2014-01-04.1.db.crypt. You will also see a file names as msgstore.db.crypt which is the main file
- Now, you need to change msgstore.db.crypt name to backup-msgstore.db.crypt
- Once you rename this folder, ust change the another file that contains the appropriate date like choose the one that’s latest or the one you think that might contain your chat conversation
- By now, you should rename that file into msgstore.db.crypt and then go to Settings > applications > Manage Applications > Whatsapp and select “Clear Data” to remove all the data
- Now, msgstore.db.crypt and the file that contains your chat conversation, will be restored
- As soon as you open your Whatsapp, it will ask you to restore from the backup
- Finally, tap on the “Restore” option to restore everything on Whatsapp
There you go! This was an easy method for you to restore your Whatsapp deleted messages. There is no other method except the one that was mentioned above. It seems quite useful and functional, so if you really want to access your Whatsapp deleted messages, then you have to absolutely try the method above.